We currently have a fantastic opportunity available at The Raw Kitchen. We are looking for a talented and passionate Kitchen Supervisor who is enthusiastic, career driven and have a strong love for fresh produce to deliver a great food experience for our guests. This is a unique opportunity for an individual to join our future oriented team and to bring their ideas and creativity to life.
At The Raw Kitchen, we sell healthy breakfast, lunch and raw treats at our busy CBD location. All of our food is handmade fresh daily and we pride ourselves on making delicious, fresh food. The business is over 5 years old with a large online following and we are always looking ahead for growth.
You will be responsible for
- Preparing and cooking a wide range of healthy and fresh café food items to a consistently high standard.
- Monitoring food quality and cooking techniques at all stages of preparation and presentation.
- Discussing food preparation issues with Store Manager and waiting staff.
- Preparing for catering events and online orders.
- Assisting the team with menu development.
- Assisting to achieve all safety, hygiene and food quality targets.
- Communicating to Store Manager daily production and planning.
- Maintaining and ordering kitchen related stocks and supplies.
- Responsible for kitchen duties training, giving feedback required to help train and grow the team.
- Hours range between 35-40/week and mainly are Monday to Friday, roster based.
Ideally you will have
- Previous experience in the food industry.
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work according to agreed targets and urgent demands.
- The ability to work co-operatively, be a team player and create a positive team environment.
- The ability to remain cool, calm, and professional during stressful times.
- A heart for customers – captures the guests’ hearts and minds through the culinary experience.
- A great attitude – optimistic, engaged and proactive and can do attitude.
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- It will be a great bonus if you can also make coffee. Please let us know in your CV.
Our culture and value
- We believe in a supportive and inclusive culture. We are diligent and hunger to grow. We love to create a working place where supports team member training and succession planning. Personal development is a team effort.
- We respect each other and take accountability.
- We aim to meet our customer’s needs with honesty, integrity and care. We have a passion in hospitality, and a drive to serve.
We live our values and we are keen to work with someone who shares the same values. We are looking for someone to help take our cafe to the next level!
If this sounds like you, and you enjoy hospitality and want to take up the challenge of working in a high-volume environment, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
We look forward to hearing from you!